3 Strategies to Take Your Real Estate Career to the Next Level
We all get stuck from time to time and it can be frustrating. Feeling like we are just spinning our wheels is something all real estate professionals go through occasionally. If you are feeling unsatisfied and want to take your career to the next level, consider these three strategies.
Strategy 1: Renovate
As real estate professionals, we know that a strategic renovation project like updating a kitchen or bathroom in a home can add value to a property that far exceeds the cost. The same principal applies to your career. There might be areas of your career that could use a renovation.
Find a quiet spot and turn off all electronic devices. Ask and answer the following questions:
• How many hours per day are you prospecting? What does that look like?
• How many different sources of lead generation are you utilizing? Are these enough?
• How do you stay in touch with your sphere of influence? When and how?
• Are you building an e-mail list?
• Are you using e-alerts?
• Are you generating online leads? Are you converting online leads?
• Do you have a geographic or niche farming strategy?
• Are you gathering ratings and reviews from your clients?
• Are you communicating a consistent branding strategy with your marketing activities?
• Do you have coverage on the top real estate portals (Zillow, Trulia andRealtor.com)?
• Are you using text marketing, video marketing, and e-mail marketing?
• Are you attending at least one networking event each week?
Once you’ve identified the answers to these questions you can start planning your career renovation. Focus on the areas that will bring the highest return on investment.
Strategy 2: Redecorate
It’s possible that your next level doesn’t require all the demolition involved in a renovation. Maybe you just need to redecorate your career a little.
• When was the last time you updated your marketing materials?
• Do you need to freshen up your working environment? Does it have a positive impact on your energy? Think about your home office and car.
• Do you need to bring in some new ideas (in prospecting, marketing, technology, or networking) to really get the flow of your career to the next level?
• Have you invested in reading or listening to any good professional development books lately?
• When’s the last time you invited someone you admire to lunch? A little inspiration can go a long way.
Strategy 3: Rearrange
If things are going along well and you are hitting your goals but feeling tired and strapped for time, try strategy three. Many of us rearrange the furniture in our homes in order to gain a different perspective. A little rearrangement in your daily flow can give you an extra boost of energy and a next-level opportunity.
• Try time-blocking your daily calendar to include personal time, family time, and playtime.
• Consider a virtual assistant or another part-time support.
• Take a mini vacation.
Make the commitment today to get to your next level. The opportunities in today’s market are abundant, and you don’t want to miss them because you are stuck in a rut. You can do it!